Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Marriage is Falling Apart

Another editing update. I think my life with this film has reached a level of mediocrity. I feel like I'm married to my film and right now we're both middle aged and our lives revolve around our kids and soccer practices and clarinet lessons. (Our kids are the scenes that I'm doing.)

This film doesn't feel like the film I married. I remember when we were truly in love. It was just starting. my ideas were flowing. And then we had our filming day. And everything was still going so well. I thought that we would last forever. But now, my relationship with my film is solely based on the scenes and I feel like we don't know each other anymore. Maybe we should go to counselling. Or we'll just reconnect during our retirement.

Ever notice how marriage can be an analogy for almost anything?

So, I'm still editing. Less rendering to do. though. Since this is like my third editing post, I though I'd make it more entertaining with a marriage analogy. Otherwise, even I would be bored.

Hopefully, we can get through this rough patch and once again fall in love. And then editing will stop killing me. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment