Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rendering: the Latest Time Waster

I haven't even finished everything that I'm going to be doing today. But I'm updating now anyways. 


 I'm updating now because, well, I'm bored. I've been editing and the only way that i can check up on what I've done is to render it. For those of you that don't know, rendering your video on Final Cut is essentially writing the actual video. And you can't watch your newly edited selection without rendering. Unfortunately, rendering can take a while. Right now, I have to wait 15 minutes before I can play around again. It feels very tedious.


I know, 15 minutes probably isn't that long to wait but i have a short attention span. Just like the rest of my generation. I demand constant entertainment. Also, I have this horrible sense that time is slipping away from me. This of course is ridiculous. 


Actually, it's not. After all, Albert Einstein did disprove Newton's theory that time is constant and linear with his special relativity theory. So maybe, according to my personal time, time actually is slipping away from me. 


...We're studying Einstein's Theory of Relativity in Physics class right now. Hence the completely unrelated deviation to Science.


Back to film stuff!


In other news, I finished my filming! All of my shots actually look quite good. My actors did really well and I'm quite pleased. Unfortunately, we were filming yesterday, in the pouring rain. That reminds me, I need to buy them dinner for helping me...


**Tip for filming in miserable weather: have very positive actors. And towels. Lots of towels. Also, a quick method of transportation is key. We biked because cars stay dirty for longer...and none of us can drive without an adult.**


So, I've just been putting my clips together, mainly trying to get a good variety of angles as well. After I put everything together, then I'll put the special effects in.


Rendering's done!! Back to editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment