Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Editing 101

I've actually learned something. Sound matters.

I've never actually really seen how much it can matter. But it is actually super important! Especially when the dialogue is imperative to the storyline. Honestly, I kind of prefer more abstract films...mainly because editing can be easier. Honestly, it's better to record a separate audio and a separate video. Instead of trying to do them both at once. I wish I had done that.

I find that the audio that has been recorded with the video doesn't completely match up. Which is very weird because I haven't even moved it yet. One of my actors has a odd facial movements. His words don't match his mouth. *Frustration*

I am cutting up the scenes together though. I've found that it is of the utmost importance that I don't just cut between angles and scenes super quickly. Unless, I'm doing it for dramatic purposes. At the very least, a clip needs to be shown for at least a full second in order for anybody to even register what's going on.

I've finished another scene. Yay! It was easier to cut together because of the limit of characters dialogue and movement. This scene isn't full of symbolism and subtleties like the last one.

Now, I'm entering the scenes where Alex is stuck in the cave and Elle is outside. Editing should be much easier now. Although I won't solely focus on characters' faces when they're speaking because a lot more can be found in my actors expressions. Particularly in the intense moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment